This Code of Conduct outlines the expectations for participant behavior during Affinity MeetUps Event (“Event”) as well as the consequences of unacceptable behavior.
We expect all the Event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all Event spaces and Event-related social events.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all Event participants:
1. Participate in an authentic and active way.
2. Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
3. Attempt collaboration before conflict.
4. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
5. Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
6. Alert Event organizers if you notice violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable at the Event. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
1. Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
2. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
3. Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
4. Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally-identifying information.
5. Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
6. Any photography or recording is forbidden.
7. Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances.
8. Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
9. Sustained disruption of Event, including talks and presentations.
10. Spamming and advertising any products or services other than those approved by Event Organisers on chat or in the networking spaces.
11. Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
12. Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Event platform.
13. Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
14. Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
1. Unacceptable behavior from any Event participant, including sponsors, media, speakers or Event staff, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
2. If an Event participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the Event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including banning from the Event without warning and contacting the authorities as necessary.
1. If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the Event organizers as soon as possible at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports will remain completely confidential.
2. You can also report unacceptable behavior to any member of Event personnel. Event personnel will be available to help Event participants and will assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the Event.
1. If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the Event organizers at email@example.com with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
This Code of Conduct may be revised by the Event organizers at any time. Each change shall be communicated by publishing an update on the Event website. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to the Event organizers rights, all of which are expressly reserved.